ONLINE AND OTHER ALTERNATIVE EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES
There are alternative educational opportunities, some are free of charge and others have a fee. Both full time and part time enrollment opportunities are available through these sites. Some of these programs have credit recovery and advanced placement. These courses require pre-approval from Kountze ISD if the student plans to transfer any earned credits to KHS. Please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding your options.
Free of Charge:
- The Texas Virtual School Network (TxVSN) offers online learning opportunities to students across the state through a partnership with districts. To view available courses, visit the TxVSN online course catalog. To learn more, visit the TxVSN website.
- The TxVSN Online Schools Program (OLS) offers full-time virtual instruction through eligible public schools to Texas public school students in grades 3-12. Click here to view online courses that supplement those offered in your school.
- Job Corps is a free education and training program that helps young people learn a career, earn a high school diploma or high school equivalency credential, and find and keep a good job.
- The Texas ChalleNGe Academy is designed to reclaim the potential of at-risk students by training them to be successful, responsible, productive citizens through a program of education, mentoring, physical fitness, and volunteer service to the community.
- Career One Stop offer seamless access to services under a variety of employment, training, and education programs.
Students in grades 3–12 throughout Texas are thriving at Texas Connections Academy @ Houston (TCAH), a tuition-free Texas virtual school. TCAH gives students the flexibility to learn at home with a curriculum that meets rigorous state education standards. TCAH offers:
- A challenging curriculum developed by leading education experts
- Instruction from state-certified teachers experienced in online instruction
- Support from trained counselors, the principal, and the administrative staff
High School Equivalency Preparation
The Texas Workforce Commission is responsible for Adult Basic Education in Texas. You can find Adult Preparation classes by contacting T-Call at 800-441- READ (7323) or email@example.com.